Thursday 22 January 2009

The Importance Of Being Title Sequence

I've come to realise that this title sequence can not be rushed of half-done while filming. Title sequences are a very, very important part of the film and incredibly powerful if done properly. A bad title sequence leaves the audience dissapointed with not only the beginning but the whole film and while we are not making a whole film ourselves we still want our title sequence to be gripping so the audience are left wanting more. I want to give examples of crime drama title sequences but I cannot get onto YouTube from the school so when I get home tonight I am going to give some examples and analysis one or two.



Thinking about it, I dont think a Saul Bass influenced title sequence would fit with our theme, like lots of moving text etc. So I think it might be better if we draw inspirations from somewhere else (going back to the ananlysis I plan to do later). Fear not I shall be back soon.

No comments: